About the Union
In 1999 The Armidale School Old Boys’ Union celebrated its Centenary – 100 years of continuing association and contributions to the welfare of the School. The maintenance of that association with The Armidale School community keeps the spirit and ethos of the School alive as well as preserving amongst alumni the friendships and contacts gained at the School.
Our Union works hard to enable its members to keep in touch with their friends and the overall school community, whilst at the same time contributing in many ways for the benefit of present and future students at TAS. This encompasses everything from year regional events to the annual TAS Reunion Weekends, invitations to School activities and functions, and to working bees (and fundraising) for specific projects for the well being of the School. The most recent project example of the OAU at work was the funding and construction of the impressive Old Armidalians’ Union Gates from Chapel St, as the Union’s gift to the School on its 125th anniversary in 2019.
Objectives of the OAU
- To maintain an active association of the Old Boys and Girls;
- To hold reunions and other functions;
- To Promote the best interests of the School having regard to its traditions as a Great Public School and to cooperate with the School Board, the Head of School, the TAS Foundation and the P&F Association;
- To arrange and effect sporting contests with the school;
- To provide for the distribution of Binghi to members of the Union;
- To cooperate with the NEGS Old Girls’ Union and Unions of other Schools in matters of common interest;
- To establish and maintain in memory of Old Boys and Girls of the School scholarships and bursaries tenable at the School.